Last updated 12/2023
Making an Appointment
1. To request an appointment, fill out the Consult Request form.
2. We will contact you via the preferred method of contact you give on the Consult Request form and set up an appointment date and time. The fastest way to communicate with us is through text messages. We answer consult requests Monday through Saturday (except for holidays and occasional closings).
3. We will work with you to find an appointment that works for you and is as soon as we are available.
Cancelling an Appointment
1. Notice is required at least 48 hours before an appointment to cancel without a fee. Cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice will automatically result in being charged a $100 cancellation fee.
2. Appointments made with less than 24 hours notice, any cancellation will automatically result in a $100 cancellation fee.
3. If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice on two occasions, you may not be able to make another appointment with Skilled Lactation Solutions.
Showing up late to an appointment:
1. We try our best to be flexible with appointments start times and will wait for up to 10 minutes after the scheduled appointment time.
2. If you are up to 10 minutes late to your appointment, you may forfeit that time to evaluate and discuss your lactation concerns if the Lactation Provider is unable to go beyond the schedule time. This will be left up to the discretion of our team and our schedule.
3. If you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, we may need to reschedule due to the fact that losing too much time to evaluate and discuss your lactation concerns could impact our ability to provide you with a certain standard of care.
1. Skilled Lactation Solutions, LLC does not provide refunds, but we are committed to working with you toward a solution or referring you to another IBCLC in the area if needed.
Payment for Appointments:
1. Any possible invoices (admin office fees, in-home fee, or an appointment fee if paying out pocket) are required to be paid within 24 hours of being sent to book and confirm the appointment. If an invoice is not paid within 24 hours of being sent, the appointment is automatically cancelled and offered to the next person on the wait list.
*You can direct your questions and/or concerns regarding this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org